Article 1: About the activities, currencies, booking conditions and prices indicated.
Activities: Rental and guided excursions on non-motorized nautical vehicles such as Kayak and Paddle and recreational leisure activities.
All the prices indicated by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE are inclusive of VAT and subject to 5% VAT. The
currency indicated is the Pacific Franc of French Polynesia (F, XPF or CFP). The
other payment currencies accepted by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE may include
Euro (EUR) and United States Dollars (USD).
All activities, excursions and promotional offers offered by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE are subject to conditions:
- The reservation is confirmed upon receipt of payment for the excursion and the
written confirmation from MOOREA BLUE PADDLE.
- The reservation depends on the places available at the time of receipt of the customer's reservation at MOOREA BLUE PADDLE. In order to validate the availability of the excursion, the customer must receive a written confirmation from MOOREA BLUE PADDLE (email, text message or via web messaging).
- All activities, excursions, offers or services sold by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE and not carried out by the customer when the customer has received written confirmation of his date and time of appointment for the service cannot be reimbursed. li>
- Exceptional case: In the event of illness that does not allow the client to show up for his excursion on the day and time scheduled, the client must provide MOOREA BLUE PADDLE within 24 hours of the date of service with a medical certificate. Only the customer concerned will be reimbursed, the other members of his family or accompanying circle will not be able to benefit from a reimbursement.
The prices indicated for our services include:
- All the necessary and specific equipment for the smooth running of the activity.
- Water for all activities, a snack (3h excursion in the morning only), a meal in the form of a main course + dessert + soft drink (day excursion only), waterproof bags, a pharmacy extra, a locator beacon with manual activation, a mask and snorkel set.
- Support from a professional, qualified and insured guide.
The prices indicated for our services do not include:
- Return flights from your country or island of residence.
- Meals, drinks and snacks not specified in the excursion.
- Personal expenses such as but not limited to: the photo pack to be paid on site (only means of payment accepted on site: cash), the range of sunscreens not harmful to coral reefs offered in the store and to be paid for on site (only means of payment accepted on site: cash), alcoholic drinks or any supplement outside the menu for the day trip, tips for the guide at your discretion.
MOOREA BLUE PADDLE cannot be held responsible for any external competition, any false advertising, disinformation or incorrect and / or not updated prices on partner or third party sites.
Article 2: About the material used and supplied.
Each item of equipment and / or material supplied by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE in the
framework of services is listed on the site www.mooreabluepaddle.com in the page
of each excursion as well as in the kayak and paddle technical sheets.
Each item of equipment and / or material supplied is approved and meets the
safety standards required by applicable law.
MOOREA BLUE PADDLE undertakes to inform participants of the equipment not included
in the service and advised for the activities. The equipment list strongly
recommended is available on the website www.mooreabluepaddle.com in the menu
each excursion as well as in the reservation page, in the paragraph "I will not forget
In the event of breakage, damage and / or loss of equipment not covered by
the insurance of MOOREA BLUE PADDLE during the excursion (boat, paddle / oar,
safety vest, waterproof bag, fabric seat, fin), damage to the
material will be billed to the participant according to the current rate below. In this
the material will be billed to the participant on the basis of its value, less
a percentage of decay of 20% per year.
The participant agrees to pay MOOREA BLUE PADDLE the cost of repairing
any damage to equipment or accessories that is not the result of
normal wear and tear. It is hereby specified and agreed that the consequences of falls,
collisions of any kind, shocks of all kinds, lack of care, are not
considered to be due to normal wear.
Payment of damages and scale:
The following items requiring repair or replacement in the event of impact attributed to the participant resulting from his negligence, at his expense: Cracked canoes / kayaks / paddles 12,000 XPF or 100 EUR. Canoes / kayaks / paddles pierced 24,000 XPF or 200 EUR if irreparable Replacement 53,700 XPF or 450 EUR. Loss of paddle / oar or breakage 3,600 XPF or 30 EUR. Loss or breakage of the life jacket 4,800 XPF or 40 EUR. Loss or breakage of waterproof bag 3'600 XPF or 30 EUR.
In the event of any dispute relating to this contract, the competent court
will be that of the head office of the company of MOOREA BLUE PADDLE to which the parties
attribute exclusive competence.
The participant agrees to return the equipment to MOOREA BLUE PADDLE in the condition
he was at the start of the excursion or activity.
Finally, MOOREA BLUE PADDLE strongly advises against carrying on boats and
valuable personal effects during activities. MOOREA BLUE PADDLE declines
all liability in the event of loss, theft, deterioration or drowning of the effects
personal, including corrective lenses / glasses or contact lenses.
Article 3: About professional guides.
Each member of the MOOREA BLUE PADDLE management team is trained in
company philosophy, graduate in security and customer support on proposed activities.
Our professional guides are holders of professional cards and
are insured for civil liability.
Our professional guides remain in charge of the participation or exclusion of participants in the activities depending on whether they deem the participants morally, physically or athletically fit to participate in the activity.
The professional guide is committed to informing participants about the use
equipment, the safety rules to be observed and the circuit chosen for the activity according to the weather conditions and the level of the participants.
MOOREA BLUE PADDLE reserves the right to modify the circuit at any time without
notice in the event of a change in weather conditions during the activity and / or
level of a participant not corresponding to his prior declaration.
Ongoing changes made by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE and its representatives
activity due to factors which are not of its own making cannot give rise to a
Article 4: About the obligations of the participant.
Minimum age for any activity / excursion offered by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE: 5 years in transparent kayak, 7 years in inflatable paddle and 10 years in transparent paddle.
Maximum age for any activity / excursion offered by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE: 65 years old.
(For participants aged 7 to 10 wishing to Paddle, please see the minimum age conditions required. For participants over 65 wishing to participate in our excursions, the participant must make a derogatory request to MOOREA BLUE PADDLE and provide a medical certificate of no contraindication to the practice of the activity).
MOOREA BLUE PADDLE reserves the right to ask the participant for proof of age by presenting an identity document before departure on the excursion.
The minimum and maximum age requirements are also notified on the site www.mooreabluepaddle.com in the menu of each Eco Excursion offered as well as in each kayak and paddle technical sheet.
All minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. For groups of minors, parental authorization is mandatory and must be provided by the group supervisor to MOOREA BLUE PADDLE before any launch.
Whatever the activity / excursion chosen, each participant recognizes and declares, before any launch:
- Have been aware of, read and signed a medical self-questionnaire concerning the minimum physical aptitudes required and for which any positive answer compromises participation in the activity except subject to presentation of a medical certificate of no contraindication to activity.
- In addition, the participant declares not to present any medical contraindication to the practice of the activities offered by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE, not to be under medical treatment which may have side effects that may cause any danger for the participant himself. , the activity or any other participant.
- Do not have any visual problem that the reverberation and / or the sun can aggravate. Lenses and all kinds of corrective glasses are authorized at the sole responsibility of the participant.
- Not having any joint problems. Regarding the upper limbs, the gripping and articulation function of the upper limbs necessary for the practice of our activities must be satisfactory. Regarding the lower limbs, the participant must possess the integrity of both limbs and demonstrate the functionality of the joints in a satisfactory manner.
- Be informed that the activities offered by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE are not recommended for any participant with back or joint problems.
- Not being afraid of water, knowing how to swim, being able to float on the surface in all circumstances.
- Be informed that according to the manufacturer's recommendations, the maximum weight allowed per participant on Transparent Kayaks is 95kg. Transparent kayaks can accommodate 2 participants. The maximum authorized weight for Transparent Paddles is 85kg. Transparent paddles can accommodate 1 participant. For any paddle request concerning participants who are children or over 85kg, see the section "Our other paddles".
- MOOREA BLUE PADDLE and / or the professional supervising guide reserves the right to refuse a participant's boat if there is any doubt as to their weight which may exceed the limit defined above by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE.
In addition, the participant acknowledges and declares having received before any departure of the excursion in which he is participating, all the information necessary for his own safety, the safety of other participants and compliance with the basic safety rules in general concerning the trip. activity and materials provided. The participant declares to have been trained by the professional guide supervising on the conditions of use of the material and equipment provided and undertakes to respect the instructions imposed by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE and its dedicated professional staff.
On the other hand, in all cases, the participant undertakes to remain physically close to the professional guide supervising, throughout the activity, and at a distance allowing rapid intervention by the guide in the event of difficulty encountered by the participant. He must also comply with the priority rules for gear on the waterway, beaconing and maritime regulations in force.
The participant declares to be informed of the obligation to wear the life jacket or flotation device provided by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE. In case of refusal of the port of the latter, after several summons, the supervising professional guide reserves the right to put an end to the activity of the participant and to bring him back to the land point of the nearest island. The participant will not be able to claim a refund or return transfer to accommodation if initially planned.
Finally, the non-compliance with any rule, instruction, declaration or commitment mentioned above entails the full responsibility of the participant and as a consequence the immediate and definitive interruption of the activity without any possible complaint, no refund or transfer of return possible.
MOOREA BLUE PADDLE through the professional guide, reserves the right to exclude and / or interrupt the current activity at any time in the event of inappropriate behavior by the participant, endangering others and / or any questioning of the safety of others, disruption of the smooth running of the activity. In all the cases mentioned above, no refund can be claimed. MOOREA BLUE PADDLE can not be held liable in the event of a participant's failure to comply with any of the above rules.
In short, failure to comply with the prerequisites and obligations results in the exclusion of the participant from the activity without any possible reimbursement.
The participant agrees to irrevocably waive any recourse, claim, or action for any reason whatsoever against MOOREA BLUE PADDLE or its professional guides. The waiver is automatically binding on the beneficiaries and the participant's insurance company.
Article 5: Reservation and Payment.
Each activity carried out with MOOREA BLUE PADDLE must be subject to prior reservation. A reservation is confirmed by email by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE when all the required personal information has been provided, after the date and choice of the excursion have been confirmed. Reservations are subject to availability and can only be confirmed by a legal representative of MOOREA BLUE PADDLE.
- By phone: (+689) 89 51 11 11
- Via the website www.mooreabluepaddle.com CONTACT page
By confirming a reservation with MOOREA BLUE PADDLE the customer acknowledges having read, understood and accepted the General Conditions of Sale described above and below, also available on the website www.mooreabluepaddle.com
In addition, the confirmation of an activity reservation whatsoever at MOOREA BLUE PADDLE entails de facto validation by the customer and by the customer of their ability to meet the obligations and prerequisites described in Article 4.
Any false information, false reservation, false order or defamation made intentionally against MOOREA BLUE PADDLE is liable to prosecution.
Whatever method of payment is chosen, it must be made at the time of booking. A reservation is validated when payment is made, received and confirmed in writing by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE.
In the case of a last-minute reservation (subject to availability), payment must in all cases be made before any activity begins, on the day and at the place of departure of the activity.
MOOREA BLUE PADDLE accepts the following payment methods:
- Cash in local currency Polynesian Pacific Francs (CFP or XPF), or American Dollars (USD) or Euros (EUR). The Euro exchange rate is fixed at 119.33. The dollar exchange rate is variable and based on https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=taux+de+change+dollars
- Bank transfers only when booking by email via a payment link sent by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE.
- Credit cards are not accepted on site.
- Local checks issued by local banks.
Article 6: Modification of reservation or cancellation.
In case of modification by the customer and / or the buyer if he is not the customer or if he has paid on behalf of a group:
The client / buyer agrees to inform MOOREA BLUE PADDLE of any request to modify a reservation at least 48 hours before the date of the activity. Reservation changes are accepted subject to availability and in agreement with MOOREA BLUE PADDLE. Any modification of the reservation cannot be considered within 48 hours of the service. In the event that a confirmed and settled date cannot be honored by the client and a modification of the reservation could not be possible due to lack of availability, please refer to this article, titled "In the event of cancellation by the buyer customer ".
To modify a reservation, please contact MOOREA BLUE PADDLE:
- By phone: (+689) 89 51 11 11
In case of modification by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE:
The activities offered by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE are 100% dependent on the weather conditions and the level of the participants. At any time, for reasons that cannot be attributed to it directly, for reasons of security, of general interest, in the event that the minimum number of participants is not reached as described in each excursion, MOOREA BLUE PADDLE or its partner (for day trips) may be forced to modify a circuit, a type of boat, part or all of the excursion. Only the professionals supervising and partners of MOOREA BLUE PADDLE are judges and can decide to modify the activity.
In the event that MOOREA BLUE PADDLE cannot honor the activity as confirmed on booking in terms of date and time, MOOREA BLUE PADDLE undertakes to propose to the client as soon as possible the postponement of the excursion, subject to availability of MOOREA BLUE PADDLE.
If no solution is validated, neither MOOREA BLUE PADDLE nor its professional guide can be held liable. Under no circumstances will the customer be able to claim any compensation in any form whatsoever.
In case of cancellation by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE:
In the event of cancellation by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE and provided that MOOREA BLUE PADDLE cannot offer a solution whose value and type of service correspond to the customer's initial reservation, MOOREA BLUE PADDLE undertakes to reimburse the customer in full. The terms of reimbursement are at the sole discretion of MOOREA BLUE PADDLE.
The activities offered by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE are open-air activities carried out outdoors, on the lagoon. MOOREA BLUE PADDLE is entirely weather dependent. Decisive reasons that may push MOOREA BLUE PADDLE to cancel all excursions may include but are not limited among others to weather conditions.
The provider may be forced to cancel the entire activity due to circumstances that are not attributable to it, for reasons of weather, safety of participants, or general interest. These modifications are at the sole discretion of the supervising professional. MOOREA BLUE PADDLE undertakes to inform the participants as soon as possible and to reimburse them for the full amount they have committed, if applicable. Participants will not be able to claim any additional compensation.
In the event of cancellation by the purchasing client:
If the purchasing client cannot honor the booked and confirmed activity, MOOREA BLUE PADDLE offers them the possibility of offering their place to someone else on the condition that the person meets the criteria and prerequisites required by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE such as as described in article 4. Under no circumstances will MOOREA BLUE PADDLE be held liable in the event of disputes between customers for financial reasons or personal interests. Amounts already paid by the original purchaser cannot be refunded to the customer, and any amounts due, if any, must be paid by the replacement customer according to the payment conditions cited in this article.
After payment, your reservations may be canceled with the following cancellation fees:
- Cancellation after payment: reimbursement of 50% of the total amount.
- Cancellation within 48 hours of the service reserved: 100% of the total amount.
No reimbursement or compensation will be made in the event of services reserved and not consumed (NO SHOW).
In the event of cancellation for health reasons and upon presentation of a medical certificate, only 20% cancellation fees apply.
To cancel a reservation, please contact MOOREA BLUE PADDLE:
- By phone: (+689) 89 51 11 11
In the event that the client has not complied with the safety rules and the participant's obligations described in article 4 or that he has interrupted the activity on his own initiative, the service will be considered as carried out and will not give rise to to no refund.
The weather conditions are in no way a cause for cancellation by the customer.
Information: The Consumer Code offers the consumer a right of withdrawal for a period of 7 days when making an online purchase allowing him to obtain a refund or exchange of the product. However, article L.121-20-4 provides that the leisure services which must be provided on a specific date or according to a determined periodicity do not fall within the scope of this right of withdrawal.
Article 7: Insurance.
Professional Civil Liability insurances are included in the price of the services. For more information on warranties, the customer should contact MOOREA BLUE PADDLE.
MOOREA BLUE PADDLE is insured in third party liability at: GAN ASSURANCES / Agence Moorea, rue des Remparts, BP 339, 98713 Papeete cedex / Contact Jérôme Jubault 40 48 55 40.
MOOREA BLUE PADDLE has professional liability insurance. However, damages for bodily or material accidents caused by and to the user, or by and to third parties, are not covered by our structure.
We strongly advise participants to have their own personal liability insurance (for example a multi-risk leisure / home policy) which covers the consequences of the use of the canoe / kayak / paddle and which covers his / her spouse and their children.
However, you are covered if a proven hardware failure is the responsibility of our organization.
All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Wearing a safety vest is compulsory.
Loss of material is not covered.
Polynesian insurance does not cover bites or stings of marine animals. Drowning is not covered.
As a result, MOOREA BLUE PADDLE cannot be held responsible for any accidents of this type.
Article 8: About IT management, freedom, image rights, intellectual property and audiovisual property.
IT management and freedom:
Pursuant to Law No. 78-17 of January 6, 1978, the information requested from participants, some of which is mandatory, is necessary for reservations to be processed. Unless you advise otherwise, we reserve the right to use the information provided to send you various documentation. Any breach of the provisions of this Law is provided for and punished by articles 226-16 to 226-24 of the Penal Code.
MOOREA BLUE PADDLE undertakes not to divulge any personal information concerning the participant.
For any modification or cancellation of reservation, refer to articles 5 and 6.
For any modification or MOOREA BLUE PADDLE of personal information, the subscriber must contact MOOREA BLUE PADDLE:
- By phone: (+689) 89 51 11 11
Audiovisual and Intellectual Property and image rights:
By participating in one of our activities, you expressly and without restriction accept that your image be used for promotional and advertising purposes on all our “paper” media and our modern communication and telecommunication tools (Videos, Photos, Website , Social Networks), except written request from you, sent by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt and photo for your identification.
All images, videos, logos, brands, designs, models appearing on the site www.mooreabluepaddle.com and published paper media are the property of MOOREA BLUE PADDLE.
Any partial or total reproduction, whatever the medium, for commercial, associative or voluntary purposes, is prohibited without the consent of the holders of the trademarks or rights attached to these graphic representations.
In accordance with Law No. 78-17 of January 6, 1978 relating to computers, files and freedoms, you have the right to access and rectify or MOOREA BLUE PADDLE information concerning you. Please contact us for any request regarding image rights.
Article 9: Customer service.
Our customer service is available at the following coordinates:
- By phone: (+689) 89 51 11 11
Postal address: Moorea Blue Paddle: Caroline Dehu - BP 1917 - 98729 Papetoai - Moorea -
Article 10: Dispute resolution.
www.mooreabluepaddle.com published in France and These general conditions of sale subject to French law, only French law is applicable.
For any dispute relating to the execution of these general conditions of sale or contract established between the customer and the company MOOREA BLUE PADDLE, and in the event that during an amicable arbitration no solution would have emerged, attribution and jurisdiction will be made expressly to the courts of the company's head office.
The original language of this contract is the French language. In the event of a dispute, the French courts will have sole jurisdiction.
Article 11: Land transfer.
Within the limit of availability, MOOREA BLUE PADDLE offers its customers who have booked a service, assistance in the logistics of transporting participants from the hotel, boarding house or accommodation of their choice located on Moorea, to the place of departure. of the activity.
To benefit from this logistical assistance, the customer must make a request, specifying the name of the hotel or its accommodation when booking.
Customer transportation is subject to additional pricing conditions, please consult MOOREA BLUE PADDLE to find out the price list depending on the accommodation. The meeting times and places will be communicated to participants when making their reservation.
Any delay or absence of the participant at the place and time indicated by MOOREA BLUE PADDLE will not give rise to any reimbursement in the event that, as a result, the participant cannot perform the service.
Participants also have the option of making their own way to the starting point of the activity defined when booking. They should then be there at least 20 minutes before the start of the activity.
Article 12: About minor participants.
Support for Young Minors:
- Except in special cases, and at the discretion of the organizer, minors unaccompanied by an adult (legal guardian, father, mother, guardian, older brother or sister) are not accepted.
- Minors from 16 to 17 years old, if they are not accompanied, are admitted after signing the parental authorization and under certain conditions.
- Holiday and Leisure Centers, Non-Accommodation Leisure Centers and Holiday Villages groups are subject to the limit of 5 young people for 1 guide, and each group is accompanied by a center leader, in accordance with current regulations.
- Under no circumstances will the instructor and individual clients transport a young minor in their personal vehicle.